Friday, January 23, 2009
New Semester ♥ 9:16 AM
These past two weeks have been very busy and stressful. School has been hectic and everything been going crazy, it seems. A few weeks ago was my birthday on January 11. I had a party and it was really fun. About 23 of my friends came over to my house to celebrate my turning 15 with me. We played games on my XBOX and made s'mores and had lots of food.
The only bad thing about these past few weeks has been school. I'm exhausted all the time because I stay up late doing the immense amounts of homework that I have every night. I also have Solo/Ensemble contest coming up in February as well as the Grease production for theatre next week. I'm working on costumes for the Grease production and so far it's been pretty mellow with the theatre kids.
Technology has played a major part in these past few weeks as well. A lot of my favorite TV shows have been coming back on -- Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, American Idol, Bones, and 24. I have also been using my brand new XBOX for entertainment when I'm bored.
The only bad thing about these past few weeks has been school. I'm exhausted all the time because I stay up late doing the immense amounts of homework that I have every night. I also have Solo/Ensemble contest coming up in February as well as the Grease production for theatre next week. I'm working on costumes for the Grease production and so far it's been pretty mellow with the theatre kids.
Technology has played a major part in these past few weeks as well. A lot of my favorite TV shows have been coming back on -- Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, American Idol, Bones, and 24. I have also been using my brand new XBOX for entertainment when I'm bored.
One of my birthday presents was an iPhone 3G, which can now take the place of my regular iPod and old phone. My iPhone is like my new little best friend. It can tell me everything I need to know, from helping me figure out what the weather will be like in a few days to quizzing me on new facts and vocabulary for the SATs. It can entertain me with games and connect me with my friends via texting, phone calls, and social networking sites such as Facebook. Besides the iPhone, I have a Flip camcorder which can capture all of the experiences I have and film my friends and events. My digital camera is also very useful for photography. My laptop also provides me with entertainment as well as opportunities for research and learning.I also think it is amazing how young children are working with technology now. I have a six year old niece who already knows how to search the web and find information (even if it is only on Hannah Montana). This is truly fantastic because the younger generation will be able to learn more about what they are interested in individually via technology. It may also help pave the way for more jobs concerning technologies to further better the world.
Click here to learn more: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4779329.stm
Aimee