Friday, February 6, 2009
Global Warming ♥ 8:37 PM

Global Warming is a serious issue that some are unwilling to accept. Yes, it could be because of the "natural cycles" of the earth, but when fossil fuels, fumes, smog, etc are being thrown into the atmosphere, the effects will not be great. Humans have been destroying the ozone layer for years, and it's about time something was done about it. Tons of CO2 is emitted into the atmosphere every day by cars, factories, and homes that contribute to the climate changes in our world. Some people argue global warming because they have record freezing temperatures up north. However, they do not understand that global warming doesn't only cause the rise in temperature of the earth as a whole, it causes EXTREME weather. This can go both ways - cold and hot, but also cause a rise in the amount of hurricanes, tornadoes, catastrophic thunderstorms, etc. Things are being done about it, though, which is fantastic! The more people are informed about it, the more likely they will be willing to help. Riding the bus for transportation instead of using your car every day is a good way to save gas, money, and help the environment! Turning off all of your lights when you're not using them is also a good way to save money on your electric bill and reduce your carbon footprint! Anderson helps fight global warming through the Green Club and through recycling at school. My apartments are also big into recycling paper, which can help reduce the waste from the apartment complex and it's tenants.
Click here to learn more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1176980,00.html
These past couple of weeks have been hectic with all the projects due but now it's cooling down a little bit. We're studying Europe in our World Geography classes and I'm happy about that because it's way more exciting than Canada. We're moving on to Russia soon and then it's on to Asia and Australia. I'm excited about this six weeks because I'm really interested in Europe. I've only been there once and I absolutely LOVED it! I hope to go back someday. Otherwise, these last few weeks have been pretty boring... nothing going on as of yet. Hopefully it'll get more exciting soon!
Aimee