Saturday, May 9, 2009
Final Blog ♥ 6:49 PM

I would really like to visit Ghana. There's an amazing program that I've been looking into that involves going to Ghana, learning about their culture, and volunteering with the orphans and school children there. It looks like an amazing experience and Ghana looks beautiful. It's filled with rich culture and colorful people, as well as very interesting history. Since it is one of the most stable countries in Africa, I would want to go there more than anywhere else in Africa. The trip looks amazing and I hope I'll get to go next summer! If I do get to go, I will spend around three weeks in Ghana. I'll take trips to the old slavery hubs where the slaves were sent overseas. I will also get the opportunity to learn some of the tribal languages and some of the traditional practices of weaving, drumming, and tribal dancing. It would be an amazing experience for me and I hope I get to go!
For more info: http://www.experiencegla.com/teen-volunteer-trips/destinations/africa/ghana/heart_soul/ghana_heart_soul_main.php
The past two weeks have been pretty crazy. There are so many things I have to do but I'm extremely excited for the summer! I get to go to Wyoming with my best friend again and I'm so psyched for the trip. Otherwise, I'm just getting ready for finals and I'm so ready to get out of school!!
Aimee